Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Week 1 Blog

Topic 1
Hello! My name is Kalene Wheeler and I am from Hermiston which is in Eastern Oregon. I have two more terms left at LBCC and then I will have me AAOT. My goal is to become and event planner and I am interning this summer for a company named Krisanthemums to prepare for the future.

Something that I am interested in learning about media is how it has shaped the world and how it has grown over the years. I find it interesting how much media impacts our daily lives.

In my spare time I go hiking or camping, anything outdoors really. I have a blue heeler named Paisley that I adore. I also love to play softball and go running.

Topic 2
My three main source for media would probably be Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. I would say I use these the most because they are easily accessible and I find them easy to navigate. I would say many of the sources on social media aren't very reliable unless its a checked source by the media itself. They sometimes will decipher it from another account so you know its reliable. I think fake information is something that happens a lot, especially on social media. It is important to read things thoroughly and check the sources before you share it. Like the woman said in the video, fake information can cause danger to other people's lives. This is why it is important to know what you're sharing is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment