Monday, August 14, 2017

Week 8 Blog

Topic 1

Some of the book on the list of banned books I have read. Some examples are Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, To Kill a Mockingbird, Gossip Girl, and The Hunger Games. Some of these books do have some sexual scenes in them and can be a bit gory at times. On the other hand I think some of them are appropriate enough for mature children. I think some objections to a few of these book are reasonable, like Fifty Shades of Grey. I know some adult women who don't even think that book is appropriate so I do agree that sometimes books shouldn't be available in the school library. But I do think some of the books are a bit excessive to not have on the list. I read To Kill a Mockingbird my freshman year of high school and I saw no problem with it. Some people say it is too racist for students but I think that it is good to understand that this did happen and is even continuing today in some sense. If you were to look on my bookshelf at home you would find all these books and a lot of Nicholas Sparks books. I am a huge romantic and love to buy the movies too.

Topic 2

I am not a big magazine person. Even when I do go to the dentist or doctors office I don't pick them up. We have our phones now so a lot of people just choose to get on their phone real quick and go through social media while they are waiting. Some magazines that I have read are Cosmopolitan, Better Home and Garden, and Vogue. I like seeing all the different styles they suggest are new and popular. They also usually advertise products that are trending and give reviews on them. I love looking at house decor and different decorating techniques which is why I have chose to pick up Better Homes and Garden in the past. A lot of the reasons I don't read magazines anymore is because I have Pinterest and it is easily accessible from my phone. Most of the products I pay attention to are make up products. They advertise Maybelline a lot and sometimes there are more expensive products like tarte or MAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment